How to Factory Reset a Windows 11 PC
It is possible to fix some issues with your Windows 11 PC by resetting it or make your PC sellable by resetting it. With this method, you can start over with a clean slate after erasing all your settings. This is what we’ll demonstrate to you.
You can choose to keep or delete your personal files when you reset your PC with Windows 11. The app and settings are deleted in either case.
Backing up your data is a good idea before you proceed.
Reset Windows 11 to the Factory Settings
Your Windows 11 PC will need to be reset by opening the Settings app. Press the Windows key and the i key at the same time to do this.
Choose System from the left sidebar in Settings.
Click “Recovery” on the “System” page.
In the “Recovery” menu, next to “Reset this PC,” click “Reset PC.”
Upon clicking “Reset this PC”, a window will appear. There are two options available in this window:
- If you select Keep My Files, your apps and settings will be deleted, but your personal files will remain.
- If you click this option, you will be able to remove all your apps, settings, and even personal files from your device. Choosing this option will certainly result in your device being sold or given away.
You will be presented with a screen asking “How would you like to reinstall Windows?”. Windows 11 can be reinstalled from the cloud if you select “Cloud Download”. Select “Local Reinstall” to reinstall Windows 11 locally. To help you decide between a cloud or local reinstall, we have a guide.
Resetting your PC is as simple as following the instructions on your screen.
It’s time to configure your PC from scratch after the PC has been reset. You might need to reset Windows again if you install something or customize it incorrectly when resetting to fix a problem!
- How to boot Android TV into Safe Mode
- How to profit from NFT Crypto | Proven Strategies
- Computer science Resume with no Experience | How to Make One Fast